04 Mar Community Involvement (2014-2019)
Posted at 09:54h in
- June 2019: Kenneth Krock joined the Special Olympics Texas East Region – Regional Resource Board which provides leadership, resources, and connections to spread the mission and grow the programs of Special Olympics Texas in the East Region which includes the Greater Houston area and the upper Gulf Coast of Texas. The East Region serves more than 12,000 athletes.
- April – May 2019: Rapp & Krock attorneys Megan Brown, Alex Weatherford, and Emily Taylor volunteered at the will-a-thon organized by Houston Volunteer Lawyers. Will-a-thon serves low income seniors, individuals with a disability, and veterans. Our attorneys met with client-participants in April and developed their estate plan over the next month before meeting with their client again to sign their estate planning documents in May.
- April 2019: Kenneth Krock volunteered at the Spring Games for Special Olympics.
- 2017 – 2019: Matthew M. Buschi has served on the Houston Bar Association’s Project TRAIN, a committee that develops and distributes training materials for employers to assist them in hiring and retaining individuals with special needs or other cognitive disorders.
- March, 2018: Matthew M. Buschi volunteered for the Houston Bar Association Legal Line, a community outreach program designed to allow people of Houston to receive free general legal advice on any legal topic at no cost to the caller.
- February, 2017: Kenneth Krock volunteered and took part in the football clinic and scrimmage put on by Special Olympics Texas and the Houston Texans as part of the NFL Experience inside the George R. Brown Convention Center during Super Bowl week.
- December, 2016: Kenneth Krock volunteered and took part in a Bowling Tournament benefitting the Special Olympics.
- September, 2016: Kenneth Krock and Legal Assistant Krystle Kral volunteered at the Houston Bar Association-Special Olympics Texas Golf Skills Challenge benefitting the Special Olympics.
- December 2015, Brad Rapp, Kenneth Krock, and Drew Erickson attended the 16th Rotary Lomabardi Award benefitting the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Children’s Cancer Hospital, and Texas Children’s Hospital Cancer and Hematology Center.
- October, 2015, Ken Krock and other members of the Board of Directors of the Texas Aggie Bar Association attended the Texas A&M University Association’s Distinguished Alumni Gala in College Station, Texas honoring select former students of Texas A&M who were recognized as Distinguished Alums of the school.
- October, 2015, Kenneth Krock volunteered at the Hometown Huddle Football Camp, a flag football camp hosted by the Special Olympics of Texas, the United Way, and the Houston Texans. The event was held in partnership with Katy Youth Football.
- May, 2015: Brad Rapp was elected and appointed as a member of the Board of Trustees for Houston Christian High School. Houston Christian High School is a private college preparatory high school in Houston, Texas dedicated to high academic standards for the development of moral character, the enrichment of spiritual lives, and the perpetuation of growth in Christian ideals.
- April, 2015, Rapp & Krock, PC sponsored and participated in the Reveille Club of Houston’s 25th Annual Pete Stanley Classic Golf Tournament.
- April, 2015, Rapp & Krock, PC supported the fight against breast cancer by donating and supporting Laura Rapp in the AVON 39, a 39.3 mile walk through Houston, Texas to support Houston area breast cancer patients in their fight.
- April, 2015, Rapp & Krock, PC continued its support of our military service members by sponsoring and participating in the 2015 MoMs USA Charity Golf Tournament. MoMs USA is the Mothers of Military Serving USA which provides care packages to deployed soldiers and local support for active duty personnel and their families as well as veterans and wounded US military.
- February, 2015, Rapp & Krock, PC participated as a premium table sponsor of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Roundup and Best Bites Competition.
- Rapp & Krock, PC helped sponsor and participated in the Houston Christian 2014 Mustang Classic Golf Tournament