Mr. Krock has experience representing parties in litigation in State and Federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, as well as debtors and creditors in various bankruptcy courts. Prior to forming his current firm, Mr. Krock was a shareholder of Nelkin, Nelkin & Krock, P.C., in Houston, Texas and a partner at Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Real Estate Litigation
- Represented national retail center developer in multiple disputes and litigation matters in Texas for 10+ years.
- Represented national construction company in multipledisputes and litigation matters in Texas.
- Represented multi-state restaurant in large rent and tenant improvement dispute with retail developer.
- Represented developer in lawsuit to establish reciprocal easement agreement resulting in judgment for declaration sought by developer and developer’s attorneys’ fees.
- Represented guarantor of debt related to apartment complex in multimillion dollar claim by bank.
- Represented homeowner in defense of a claim by HOA where, at trial, court entered judgment against HOA on all claims and awarded homeowner attorneys’ fees incurred in defense of the claim.
- Represented landlord in defense of constructive eviction, fraud, and related claims resulting in a summary judgment against plaintiff on all claims and a summary judgment that landlord was entitled to its attorneys’ fees.
- Represented large shopping mall with over 2.4 million in gross leasable area and more than 375 tenants in hundreds of disputes with tenants.
- Represented apartment complex in eminent domain case taking a large portion of the parking lot for a public road.
- Represented large international bank in obtaining judgment for full and significant relief against developer.
Business and Employment Litigation
- Represented Fortune 500 company in litigation with manufacturer resulting in a favorable settlement for client just days before trial.
- Represented defendants against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, Texas Theft Liability Act (TTLA), conspiracy, and numerous other related claims, resulting in a summary judgment in favor of defendants on all direct claims against them and summary judgment against plaintiff for attorneys’ fees in defense of TTLA claim.
- Represented large international manufacturing company in defense of a covenant not to compete in state and federal court, obtaining dismissal of all claims.
- Represented numerous employers in matters concerning the enforcement of covenants not to compete including numerous injunction hearings.
- Represented individual sued by lawyer for alleged tortious interference with lawyer’s contract with client resulting in summary judgment on all claims and judgment for attorneys’ fees for sanctions after a bench trial in county court.
- Represented large international broker dealer company and many of its brokers in claims by customers in FINRA (formerly NASD & NYSE) arbitrations across the country.
- Represented a bankruptcy-established litigation trust against former directors and officers in claims for breach of fiduciary duty and related claims resulting in a favorable settlement which was approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Represented a debtor and its officers in bankruptcy adversary proceeding over insurance coverage under a Directors and Officers policy resulting in a in a favorable settlement which was approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Represented a debtor in bankruptcy adversary proceeding against a former director and officer of the debtor in claims for breach of fiduciary duty and related claims resulting in a favorable settlement which was approved by the bankruptcy court.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee in prosecution of multiple fraudulent transfer claims in state court on behalf of bankruptcy estate.
- Represented unsecured creditors committee in claims involving the potential equitable subordination of over $1 billion dollars in debt.