Matthew M. Buschi
Matthew M. Buschi concentrates his practice in business and commercial litigation, including lease disputes, real estate transaction disputes, and other contract disputes, and has extensive experience with shareholder/member/partnership disputes, fiduciary litigation, and business divorces. Mr. Buschi has represented both minority and majority shareholders in litigation and in negotiations of shareholder agreements and buy-outs.
Mr. Buschi received his Juris Doctorate degree from Hofstra University School of Law in Long Island, New York in 2008, graduating Magna Cum Laude, and receiving the Citation of Excellence in Government Law Courses award. Prior to law school, he pursued a master’s degree in Philosophy at the University of Houston, and received his undergraduate degree, Cum Laude, in English/Creative Writing from Sam Houston State University, with a Minor in Philosophy in 2001.
Prior to joining Rapp & Krock, P.C., Mr. Buschi was an attorney at Fryar Law Firm, P.C. focusing on shareholder litigation. Mr. Buschi is a member of the State Bar of Texas, and is admitted to practice before the Texas State Courts and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Obtained buy-out of minority interest in an oil and gas company during the course of litigation.
- Negotiated a reverse buy-out (minority gets the company) for minority shareholder of a computer systems support company during the course of litigation.
- Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of homeowners requiring an HOA board election during the course of litigation.
- Consulted on construction defect case regarding water-front properties, briefed, argued, and obtained victory on unsettled legal issues involving derivative claims leading to successful trial.
- Obtained buy-out for minority member of a medical staffing company during the course of litigation.
- Obtained buy-out of minority interest in furniture manufacturing company during the course of litigation.
- Obtained reverse buy-out for minority interest in well-known restaurant during the course of litigation.
- Obtained buy-out of minority shareholders in oil & gas working interest holding company during the course of litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims on summary judgment against a Landlord in tortious interference and fraud case.